Podcast, 40 mins
The Crone Spoken Library
Challenging perceptions of life after 50 for women in the UK.
Part of Festival of the Mind
15 Sep 2022 12:00
In this podcast, Dr Lorna Warren, Sociological Studies, Dr Pam McKinney, Information School, and Justine Gaubert, creative producer and founder of Crone Club, discuss their collaboration on the Crone Spoken Library project.
The Crone Spoken Library invited visitors to challenge their perceptions of life after 50 for women in the UK. Participants chose a ‘book title’, then paired up with the ‘Human Book’ to explore, through conversation, the unique experiences of female ageing.
For more information visit the Spoken Library page on the Crone Club website.
- Dr Lorna Warren, Department of Sociological Studies
- Dr Pam McKinney, Information School
- Justine Gaubert, creative producer and founder of Crone Club
- Recorded and produced by Kitty Turner
- Part of Festival of the Mind 2022
- Photos by Laura Page Photography.