Video, 5 mins
Part of Festival of the Mind 2016
15 Sep 2016 12:00
Could fungus save the human race? Professor Duncan Cameron believes it could. Duncan’s address to the World Climate Change Conference in Paris (2015) carried a stark warning: our planet is becoming infertile. But his message is optimistic.
Watch to see how Gaiamycota uses sculpture, photography, film, sound and performance to explore whether fungus could be used to re-engineer the planet’s soil and save humanity.
- Professor Duncan Cameron, School of Biosciences
- Anthony Bennett, Sculptor
- Augustinas Naslenas, Digital Illustrator
- Ryan Taylor, Composer/Producer/Performer
- Martin King, EVE Studios
- Part of Festival of the Mind 2016