This event has now passed. A recording of the discussion is available to watch back above.
The goal of net zero emissions is now enshrined in UK law, and is being adopted by businesses, local councils and other countries. But what will it take to achieve it? What changes will be needed - in how we eat, travel and use energy? And who will bear the cost?
Chaired by University of Sheffield political economist Professor Michael Jacobs, this live panel discussion brings together four experts from different viewpoints.
The discussion is followed by a Q&A with the online audience.
- Bianca De Farias Letti, Senior Analyst at the Climate Change Committee
- David Symons, Director of Sustainability at engineering consultancy WSP
- Paul Nowak, Deputy General Secretary of the Trades Union Congress
- Emma Fletcher, Managing Director Evera Homes and Chair of the Swaffham Prior Community Land Trust
- Professor Michael Jacobs, Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute, (panel chair)